- Operating the crane safely and in accordance with the manufacturers handbook.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the concepts set out in the Approved Codes of Practice for the equipment
- Show a competent understanding of the cranes controls.
- Demonstrate a competent understanding & proper use of the hoist.
- Estimate / the weight of loads / centre of gravity.
- Use appropriate crane signals and communications.
- Types of lifting equipment and their applications.
- Methods of slinging and lifting and show an appreciation for the angles of a lift.
- Isolating faulty equipment / and procedures for fault reporting.
- Methods to protect loads in transit from damage.
- Attaching lifting equipment to slings.
- Show how to plan a lift.
- Practical ability & skills.
- Methods of Assessment.
- Practical Test.
- Written Test.
Certification upon successful completion of course.
ITSSAR training standards.